Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Fairy Tale House for Nettie

.
Goodness!  This December 2010 block is so hard to part with!  I want to put a border around it, add piping, and then sew it into a pillow cover to put on my bed.  If my daughter was young, I would definitely want to make the little house quilt that inspired Nettie.  So darling! 
.
.
So, ladies, I have completed the 2010 One Block Over Bee -- a little late, yes, but I am so pleased to have been part of the group.  The link there will take you to my own OBO flickr set where all the blocks I received in January 2010 and the ones I sewed throughout the year are listed.  I learned quite a bit about piecing blocks and going freestyle.  I also discovered the great quilting stitch options on my most awesome sewing machine.  Of course, the golden option was finding the 1/4" stitch that solved almost all my proper seam allowance problems just in time for the flying geese projects!  Thanks again for inviting me in last year (and this new year as well), Doris, and thanks X5 for the last half of the year members' patience as I got off track.  

Looking forward to 2011!  I'm already so thrilled about receiving back the Meadowsweet blocks.  I do believe I will hire out to get the sashing finished and then the quilting done soon, so I can enjoy this quilt both visually and snuggle-wise as I cozy up under it during the fall/winter of 2011! -- michele    

2 comments:

  1. Great catch-up, Michele! And I agree, I had a hard time parting with my December block as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got it michele, and I LOVE it. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete