Monday, January 31, 2011

Strawberry Fields

Phheeeww! I got my January block posted just under the wire. Michele, you are a smart gal to always take the first month, everyone wants desperately not to fall behind right off the bat! Here is your block (I only made one so you could use the fabric I'm sending back to finish off some of the others that need a little more): I did have this fabric in my stash. Even made a store sample quilt from it, but not all of these colorways. I LOVE the strawberries...
One thing I always do with block exchange or Bee blocks, is sign them, on the back, on a seam allowance. It's a good way for the recipient to keep track of who made which block as they come back in the mail (and who knows, maybe someday, after I'm long gone, someone will come across this and wonder about the life of a quilter from Iowa who made that block in 2011)...Hey, it could happen.

Our blog has a new look, I finally got the block made I was wanting to use as a header, and added a button at the left for you to grab for your blog. Sorry it took me so long to get it accomplished!

7 comments:

  1. ooh, that is such a good idea for signing the back of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. header looks great Doris! I learned that signing your block trick from you a while ago! brilliant you are! how are those wedding plans coming along? hugs!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that idea of signing the blocks. Sorry I didn't do that with yours, Michele. I'm a new one-block-over-er.

    Doris, this header is just precious. It's not only a cute design, but it conveys the blog name so well! You are such a clever bride-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME header D! Michelle - don't worry - I'm getting yours done - I promise!!! My sister-in-law is coming into town (unexpectedly a MONTH earlier than planned) and I had the whole upstairs already torn up (including the guest room) and thought I had PLENTY of time. The push is to get this done by next Saturday and then be able to sew and hopefully relax??!! Oh - nevermind that - as you get to know me - you'll know I NEVER relax! :-)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris: One block is perfect, of course! I LOVE the new blog header and the white background. I think it is perfect to show off all our gorgeous blocks. Thanks for doing it. -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, and the block is beautiful. I'm not necessarily into fruit print fabrics, but I really love the strawberries on the two colorways, the pink and yellow. The perfect mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to see your blocks, Doris. I like that you write your name on the back, which helped me keep track when my blocks were coming back. Love the new banner! It's so much brighter and more cheerful.

    ReplyDelete