Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Block and a "Nice to Meetcha"

Hi there! I'm Andrea over at the little collection and new to One Block Over this year. (Yipeeee!) I'm looking forward to sewing with you all and getting to know some new quilty bloggers!

Kicking it off with January's blocks...

Michele's little package of fabric was waiting for me when I got home Saturday, so this little gal was done by Saturday night.

(Love the fabric for the center medallion!)

When I saw Linda's post, I decided to see if I could squeeze a second block out of what was left but figured I better plan carefully. Like Victoria, I had to do a little extra piecing of bits and crumbs to make it work, but it did!


The blocks and scraps (minus just a smidgen of that sweet strawberry fabric, I must admit) are all on their way home to you. Hope you like them both!

3 comments:

  1. Another beauty! The medallion does look just great centered. Thanks so much, especially for the second one! -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I said I was the guinea pig, and now I find I truly am! But I'm glad my post helped you, Andrea!

    Michele, I said I would put your package in the mail on Monday and it didn't happen. We had a snowstorm (7.7 inches) and I haven't gotten out as I planned. But I will mail it today, Jan. 12. Thanks for understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying what everyone is creating. It is neat to see the blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete