Friday, January 7, 2011

January 2011 - Patchy Log Cabin Block

.
The packages of fabric for the January 2011 block went out in the mail on Wednesday and may be arriving today.  Not knowing really how to divide up so many of the Meadowsweet designs, the baggies are a bit overloaded!  

During the 2010 bee, my favorite block was the February patchy log cabin we made, so I decided to go with that design for myself this year.  At the top of the post is the completed block I made last year, as I haven't made one with the Meadowsweet yet.  Included in the packages coming your way is a letter spelling out my hopes for the block.  
.
.
Please do keep the strips a rectangle shape with straight sides no wider than 3.5".  To keep one common theme running through all the blocks, I sent you one strip of turquoise cotton that is approximately 2.25" wide and one strip of lime cotton that is approximately 1.5" wide (the dimensions are from memory, don't hold me to it!).  What I thought would be great is to have each of you add one strip of each color to the block, one placed in a horizontal position and one placed in a vertical position.  It doesn't matter where you place the strip -- well, please keep it inside the block and not as a final piece -- or which ring it is on, just so one is going one way and one the other way somewhere in the block.  Photo example above. 

I plan to sash between the blocks maybe with the turoquoise or go with a pink that is a common color in the Meadowsweet line.  I so love this fabric set.  I'm all about sharing fabric, and if you wish to keep a piece or two from the set you receive, please do.  Otherwise, please send back what you don't use, as I need to be sure I have enough to piece any last blocks and just because I love it so and want it home with me in my humongous stash! 

Please contact me if you have any questions.  -- michele

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I decided to bow out for the new year - but this will be a fabulous block! I love your idea of having the two solid strips in every block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking for the package, and can't wait to make it for you! Looks like really pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! Just got mine in the mail. Can't wait to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete