Tuesday, November 23, 2010

december is my month!

i realize that december is a busy month for everyone, so i had big plans to send my fabric out early in november, but now december is a week away, and i still don't have them sent out.  i will have them shipped by the end of this week, i promise.  and please don't feel stressed about getting them done right away, there really is no rush.

i have been a fan of krommama's for a long time, and she is the "house expert".  I fell in love with this quilt and it is my inspiration!  I am asking for log cabin type houses, tutorial here.  I am a fan of SUBTLE wonky (how's that for subtle), less is more.  Feel free to follow the tutorial or do something else you like. 

You are welcome to add any fabric, but I'd like to stay away from brown and grey (black is fine).  I want it to be COLORFUL I am sending a 3 inch-ish square of fairy tale fabric that I would like you to use as the center.  You don't have to keep the 3 inch shape perfectly.

I would like the block you send me to be 12.5 inches. 

Thanks ladies, I can't wait to see what you come up with.  If you have questions, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous inspiration quilt, Nettie! I'll have a lot of fun with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Always wanted to try making a house block, so I'm excited you chose this for us to try. Thanks for the links to the inspiration and tute.

    ReplyDelete