Thursday, January 7, 2010

Keeping Up With The Bees


.
So not to be last sewing my own block, I stayed up late all the way through the block only to find that I had sewn the last row on backward!  It was too late to make adjustments, so the ripping and resewing and photo shoot waited until this morning.  I've never pieced anything like this before, but other than a bit of finagling and forcing a fit on the bottom center piece (the bias cut got a bit fiddley), it went well. 

To keep all the blocks straight and to keep a little photo log of this month's process, I am framing all the blocks in little frames and titling them on my calicodaisy flickr set for the bee.  You can take them if you like. 

2 comments:

  1. Great block, and cute way to keep track of who did what! I' ve been thinking over the best way to give your block my own spin, I think I may be ready....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I don't think you will be the last one! I haven't started my block yet, and I'm going out of town for a couple days. Darn! I do love your version of your block. That center pinwheel really stands out nicely!

    ReplyDelete