Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Parisville Revisited

.
So, February. What a mess I made! When I finally finished the block and had the motif sewn on, I started the decorative stitching all around. I ruined it. The sewing foot got caught on one of the seams underneath, and while I thought the stitch was taking a while to work its way out, I didn’t realize it was stuck and sewing over and over and over itself creating a thick web of thread over and under, and …. what a mess! I sent it to Michelle in hopes she could salvage it and/or just create something for herself with it. 
.
.
To begin again, I went back to etsy, and I ordered more of the Tula Fabric to go with the fat quarters I bought a month or so ago, a half-yard set and 10 strips of 3-inch wide designs from the etsy shop. When I began to piece the strips, I realized I had nearly NONE of the original shades of fabric Michelle sent originally. Mine is so pink and purple compared to the sprout colorway. The next flaw in my plan: The half yard of the motif fabric was not cut centered on the heads, so NONE of the heads had a complete motif surrounding it! 
.
.
Final Decision: STOP. Michelle told me she has more motifs, so I’m hoping she won’t be any more bothered with me than she may be already, and I’m sending the block without the motif to let her sew it in on her end. I don’t think I’ve ever messed up anything so bad that belongs to someone else, and Michelle and I have been blogging friends going on years now. I have a lot of making up to do, somehow ... -- michele  

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate it when a basically simple project turns into a nightmare? Michele, very sorry your block caused such headaches...I'm sure Michelle will love her quilt all the more for your efforts!!!!

    ReplyDelete