Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello. My Name is ...

.
... Michele, and I am a second-year member of the One Block Over Quilt Bee.  I haven't really been AWOL, I've just been working very hard mostly away from home and filling a lot of orders in the studio.  I tend to get all quiet and worried when I haven't been able to keep up with sewing projects that have deadlines and I don't allow myself to even look at the blog unless I'm up to date, so I have no idea what's been going on here since, let's say, Victoria listed her block tutorial.   
.
.
However, the schedule is turning around.  I pulled open Michelle's Parisville envelope and strung the night away while watching TV last night.  Sadly, though, even though I pieced conservatively, I ran out of long enough strips of fabric to finish the third and fourth panels.  To make things easy for Michelle, I just ordered a fat quarter set which hopefully will arrive by the end of the week.  Ooohhh, lucky, lucky!  I just noticed she closed for the week; I must have just made the cutoff.  There are always good prices at Fresh Squeezed Fabrics.  

Victoria's package for the Christmas Flower block is waiting next in line on the cutting table ... Andie, your's it right behind hers. 

2 comments:

  1. All I could think of as a response to the post title was "what...who...slim shady" - yeah, I just went all Eminem on you... lookin' good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just had my 18-year-old stop at the computer screen to explain ... and sing. Now, I'm all M&M'd up with you. I think the fabrics look even better together in the photos with some perspective away from them. I stress over what colors to put where, how wide to make the strips ... I'm planning to use the blues from the fat quarter set as the next colors. I'll include some strips for you in the package.

    ReplyDelete