Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Caught Up

Nothing feels better than getting caught up! When I have two months of bee blocks sitting on my sewing table, it's time for me to get focused!

I loved piecing Doris' block - just my style. This was such a cool star block to put together, especially with a great selection of cool fabrics.
I'm happy with the block I made for Andrea, so I hope you like it too, Andrea. It was a challenge for me because the piecing and construction were a different style than what I normally do.
I didn't make a block that was a literal interpretation of the picture you sent me, which I hope was okay. I wanted to, but there weren't any green fabrics in my kit, so I wasn't sure how you felt about green. I loved having the photo for inspiration, which I used as a general guide to putting the pieces together.

August is my turn to send out kits, so I'm working on block instructions and cutting fabrics to mail out in the next week or two. I came up with an idea that includes fabrics from my all-time favorite fabric designer so I'm excited to have you all help me make this quilt!

-Terri

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, love that Doris sent a nicely fussy cut mermaid for one of the squares! And can't wait to work with AMH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, I love the block! It's fabulous. And not literal is just fine. The pictures were mostly to give an idea of how he separates light and dark. Your interpretation is beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Andrea's block, I know you were having trouble jumping in on that one--looks great (as does mine!)

    ReplyDelete