Tuesday, December 8, 2009

WELCOME to One Block Over!

Hi! I'm Doris, the instigator of the 2010 One Block Over Virtual Quilting Bee. We have members spanning the States...New York, Wisconsin, Illinois, California, South Carolina, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Colorado, Kansas and Texas!

Our first month is just around the corner, ladies! I've seen a peek of Michele's plan for us and I think you're gonna like it!

A little introduction of myself... I live in West Des Moines, IA with my sweetie. He has two grown girls in their early 20s and we have two feline "kids" at home. I work a full time University job to "pay the bills" and a part-time Quilt Shop job to "support my habit". I started quilting in my 20s here-and-there, and then seriously quilting on a regular basis about five years ago. My Grandma was a quilter, and my Mom as well, and both were seamstresses that taught me how to sew garments in my pre-teen years. I still sew an item of clothing once in a while, but my fabric obsession revolves around quilting cottons.

Welcome to the Bee, ladies! Can't wait to get to know you better...

5 comments:

  1. I'm sew excited....I'm sew excited......

    This will be fun. I can't wait to see what creative things you guys come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what coming... wheeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! More things to inspire me and wish I had more time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the new blog, Doris! I loved your intro too - nice to learn a few new things about you.

    ReplyDelete