Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another One Block Over Finish

It's been been 21 months since One Block Over quilters made wonky stacked strip-type blocks for me. And it's been 9 months since I finished sewing together the quilt top. Slow yes, but steady-on with crossing UFOs off the list.

It's 53" X 67". I spent hours free motion quilting on my Pfaff Grand Quilter using YLI variegated orange-yellow thread, and YLI medium gray thread.

I don't have a clue what I'm going to name it. Suggestions? Edited to add that this quilt has been named "Balancing Act." Thanks everyone who made a block for me! Linda, who lived in West Des Moines, Iowa when you mailed me blocks, and now lives in The Villages, Florida.





8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I had no idea what the final look would be. You've done a great job, and I had fun finding the little fabric pieces I used. Everyone's choices blend do well together. -- Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is sooooooo fabulous...it really adds a lot to the simple piecing. Wonderful Job! How about "Stacked" for a name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won the double wedding ring templates on my blog. Please drop me your address so I can send them to you! Congrats!!
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so pretty! Love the colors! Gorgeous quilting too. Looks even better in gorgeous light of the Northwest.
    :) Thanks for visiting me yesterday. That was so nice to read. Hopefully, our paths will cross again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - this quilt is delicious looking! Love the name also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your quilting, especially the way you have echoed the stacked blocks, and also love what you have done on the edges, with that orange wave blending into the binding. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete