Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another One Block Over Finish

It's been been 21 months since One Block Over quilters made wonky stacked strip-type blocks for me. And it's been 9 months since I finished sewing together the quilt top. Slow yes, but steady-on with crossing UFOs off the list.

It's 53" X 67". I spent hours free motion quilting on my Pfaff Grand Quilter using YLI variegated orange-yellow thread, and YLI medium gray thread.

I don't have a clue what I'm going to name it. Suggestions? Edited to add that this quilt has been named "Balancing Act." Thanks everyone who made a block for me! Linda, who lived in West Des Moines, Iowa when you mailed me blocks, and now lives in The Villages, Florida.





6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I had no idea what the final look would be. You've done a great job, and I had fun finding the little fabric pieces I used. Everyone's choices blend do well together. -- Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is sooooooo fabulous...it really adds a lot to the simple piecing. Wonderful Job! How about "Stacked" for a name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won the double wedding ring templates on my blog. Please drop me your address so I can send them to you! Congrats!!
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is so pretty! Love the colors! Gorgeous quilting too. Looks even better in gorgeous light of the Northwest.
    :) Thanks for visiting me yesterday. That was so nice to read. Hopefully, our paths will cross again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - this quilt is delicious looking! Love the name also. :)

    ReplyDelete