Friday, June 25, 2010

This Southern Flying Dutchman Heads North


Now I can totally feel good about commenting on the Bee Blog again!  April and May swept by me in a flurry of work with not much creative time.  Then there was the issue of locating Amy's envelope under a mountain of mail!  Success, though, last week when I made a final push through my office and opened, read, filed, and shred every last piece of paper in here.  Exhausting!  But my husband and accountant are happy.  Nothing like necessary numbers required for a child's FAFSA form for proper delegation of college funds to light a fire under one's feet! 

After this block and the previous one for Victoria, I really enjoy making the flying geese.  I haven't found perfection in my seams, though.  I mark out the 1/4", but still there are quirks.  This block came out the proper dimensions, so not too bad.  However, I meant to line up the geese the opposite way so the dark colors would form the pinwheel.  There was no going back, though! 

1 comment:

  1. Your work is most beautiful, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete