Sunday, April 4, 2010

This Flock of Geese Flying North

March Block Victoria - Michele
.
Oh, Victoria!  Here come the geese!  Not having made a many-pieced quilt block before, I have no standard for perfection but the magazine photo, and .... you  may have to adjust a little.  It was great having all these geese blocks to sew.  I really love making them.  So therapeutic.  However, I can see that allowing a number of different sewists to make your blocks creates a large chance that seam allowances can differ! 
.
March Block Victoria - Michele
.
Before sewing almost every seam, I marked out the 1/4-inch in hopes that it is as close to your work as possible for me.  Thanks so much for pre-cutting all the fabrics!  What a job that would be!  Happy Easter everyone!  We had a lovely morning at church today, and light lunch at Waffle House, and then the home chef, my husband, has our big dinner planned.  So, while the others were napping, I finished up the block and readied it for its flight home.  Can't wait to see the finished product. 

1 comment:

  1. looks great! thank you! don't worry it will be fine! yippeeee!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete